[Eeglablist] Question about ASR and 'availableRAM_GB' parameter

Nastassja Lopes Fischer fasnlf at nus.edu.sg
Wed Jan 22 18:46:16 PST 2020

Hi all!

I am using the clean_rawdata plugin in children EEG data and it's been very useful to clean the signal. However, if I follow Makoto's recommendations written here (https://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/Artifact_Subspace_Reconstruction_(ASR)#Refe) about setting up a value for the 'availableRAM_GB' parameter, it gives me a "bad" ICA decomposition afterwards (i.e. ICA it is not able to isolate blink ICs, for instance). When I do not specify a value for 'availableRAM_GB', it improves ICA's results. Does it happen with anyone else? Would anyone know why it might occur? How critical is to not set up a value for 'availableRAM_GB'?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Best,

Nastassja

Important: This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify us immediately; you should not copy or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other person. Thank you.