[Eeglablist] Question regarding reference channel (Makoto's Preprocessing Pipeline)

Mahjabeen Rahman mahjabeen.rahman at Knights.ucf.edu
Wed Mar 11 09:28:39 PDT 2020

Hi everyone,

I am confused about one issue regarding my reference channel. I am recording data with Cognionics Mobile 64 channel device. So there are two zero-filled channels on the cap I am using called "REF" and "GND" near the mastoid region which never show up during the recording. When I import the raw data to eeglab, it shows no reference channel, only 64 channels show up. I am not sure, how I will apply average referencing here. Should I have to worry about the denominator here? Should it be 64 or 66 (considering the two zero-filled channels).

Would appreciate any help on this.

Thanks,
Mahjabeen Rahman
PhD Student
Industrial Engineering & Management Systems
University of Central Florida