[Eeglablist] Convert from .set to .mat

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 08:35:22 PDT 2020

Hi Suzan, Brief hopefully helpful notes below.

*****From you note it's not clear whether you processed your data in eeglab
or ft, or both.
****For the .set and .fdt files you can do the following in eeglab, via gui
or with scripting (after looking at eegh output after successfully doing
the steps in the gui).
*****FIRST, load each of  .set file into eeglab (might need to change
memory settings -save as one file not 2 in the eeglab memory settings)
...alternatively, as .set files are matlab structures, one can use normal
matlab load to get a .set file into matlab memory (though to do things in
eeglab, it is necessary to load a file correctly via eeglab, I believe).
*****THEN merge the files via eeglab menu > Concatenate , which will leave
you with a single EEG and EEG.data structure that contains the merged .set
files.
Alternatively, via matlab script merge the EEG  or EEG.data structures of
the loaded .set files
*****If you have another .mat file related to the three files, you should
be able to also load it and append/merge/add as you wish it to the
concatenated multi-file matlab data structure generated above.
******Also, please check out (if you haven't had a chance to) the EEGlab
wiki, videos, and tutorial for details about how to use eeglab. Also check
out also Makoto's suggestions page for new users.