[Eeglablist] Running the ADJUST Algorithm When We Have Partial Coverage of the Brain

Marco Buiatti marco.buiatti at gmail.com
Wed May 13 11:05:22 PDT 2020

Dear Sanaz,

if you want to use ICA for artifact removal, you need to feed ICA with
sufficient spatial information to obtain an efficient identification of the
artifacts. Since the main artifacts that you can identify with ICA are
ocular artifacts, which mostly emerge on frontal electrodes, by removing
these electrodes you are asking a very difficult task to ICA and ADJUST (or
any other artifact removal algorithm).

My advice is to keep as many frontal electrodes as possible for this task.
You might just remove the most peripheral channels if they are
systematically noisy. Once you have completed the preprocessing, you can
focus on a subset of channels.

Hope this helps,

Best,

Marco

--
Marco Buiatti

Neonatal Neuroimaging Unit
Center for Mind/Brain Sciences
University of Trento,
Piazza della Manifattura 1, 38068 Rovereto (TN), Italy
E-mail: marco.buiatti at unitn.it
Phone: +39 0464-808178
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://sites.google.com/a/unitn.it/marcobuiatti/__;!!Mih3wA!WzIJnxiwoLo4YLqK2ld3P1dsTKEKma46cy517Junv3x3MEuuSummdZygR6xwKSLdJSB9BQ$