[Eeglablist] ERP decoding webinars on June 29 and June 30

Steven J Luck sjluck at ucdavis.edu
Sat Jun 13 10:09:03 PDT 2020

Interested in learning how to apply MVPA decoding methods to ERP data? We will be presenting a pair of webinars on ERP decoding in late June as part of our Virtual ERP Boot Camp.
Part 1 (Monday, June 29, 8:00 AM Pacific Time) will be a general overview of how ERP decoding works, what kinds of things can be decoded, and the strengths and weaknesses of decoding relative to traditional univariate ERP analysis methods. This part will be led by Steve Luck.
Part 2 (Tuesday, June 30, 8:00 AM Pacific Time) will be a how-to workshop led by Gi-Yeul Bae (who developed our decoding approach) and Aaron Simmons (the lab manager for the Luck Lab). They will go through our decoding pipeline line by line so that you’ll be able to easily apply it to your own data. Everything is in Matlab, using a bit of EEGLAB and ERPLAB and a lot of custom code that can be easily adapted for a broad range of experiments. Part 2 will assume that you’ve done Part 1 and that you have at least a little Matlab coding experience.
For more details and information about registration, check out this blog post: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://erpinfo.org/blog/2020/6/12/decoding-webinars__;!!Mih3wA!Q_f0cvxgnihj43VG6Q5W4HlBmWUDXANa-gKzX2YVju-7GIE47GQDPuCe7dBIq2cquiFIXQ$
Please forward this message to anyone who might be interested.
Inquiries should be directed to erpbootcamp at gmail.com<mailto:erpbootcamp at gmail.com> (but please read the full blog post <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://erpinfo.org/blog/2020/6/12/decoding-webinars__;!!Mih3wA!Q_f0cvxgnihj43VG6Q5W4HlBmWUDXANa-gKzX2YVju-7GIE47GQDPuCe7dBIq2cquiFIXQ$ > before sending us questions).

Steven J. Luck, Ph.D.
Distinguished Professor, Department of Psychology<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/__;!!Mih3wA!Q_f0cvxgnihj43VG6Q5W4HlBmWUDXANa-gKzX2YVju-7GIE47GQDPuCe7dBIq2d-RkghhA$ >
Core Faculty, Center for Mind & Brain<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://mindbrain.ucdavis.edu__;!!Mih3wA!Q_f0cvxgnihj43VG6Q5W4HlBmWUDXANa-gKzX2YVju-7GIE47GQDPuCe7dBIq2csuuqjMw$ >
University of California, Davis