[Eeglablist] Re-referencing/rank/ICA

Ivonne Weyers ivonne.weyers at uni-osnabrueck.de
Mon Jul 6 09:13:28 PDT 2020

Dear Makoto,

thanks for the quick reply, I really appreciate it! I was able to fix
the problem by adjusting the eigenvalue cutoff in the pop_runica()
function (l.531), the original cutoff was 10^-7. I might specify rank
via the pca option regardless, however, just to be safe (and since I am
merely using ICA to reject eye-movement artifacts).

With regard to re-referencing: if I recorded the data with an online
average reference and then re-reference to averaged mastoids offline, I
don't really understand why I woud need to add an additional channel in
this case? Actually, re-referencing should not affect rank at all in
this case or should it?

Thanks again and best,

Ivonne

e-mail: ivonne.weyers at uni-osnabrueck.de