[Eeglablist] Time-frequency transform became 150-450% faster (without using parallel computing toolbox)

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Sun Nov 29 16:25:02 PST 2020

Dear EEGLAB users,

I ran an experiment to test if removing for-loops can speed up
time-frequency transformation. For epoched data, I confirmed 150%-200% of
processing speed. The more time/frequency point there are, the more
efficient it became. The most noticeable effect was found when I processed
a continuous data with it. I confirmed speed increase to 450%. If you are
interested in trying it out, please download the modified timefreq.m from
the following link.

https://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/Makoto's_useful_EEGLAB_code#How_to_perform_time-frequency_transformation_faster_.2811.2F29.2F2020_added.29

This is a beta test. When you encounter a bug or problems, please let me
know.