[Eeglablist] Time-frequency transform became 150-450% faster (without using parallel computing toolbox)

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Sun Nov 29 16:49:47 PST 2020

Dear Arno,

> Did you check the code of the timefreq function which is being used by
the newtimef function of EEGLAB to compute time-frequency decompositions?

It is about modified timefreq() function that is called by newtimef(). I
did not give it a through check, I just modified the part that my standard
process uses. I did not care backward compatibility either.

> Also, when using more than one channel, the time-frequency decomposition
of all channels is computed together using a single matrix multiplication.
If you think your solution might still be useful, it would be great to add
it to the timefreq function.

Hmm I called the newtimef() from GUI and command line newtimef(). I don't
know what you mention here.

The modified code does a single-shot matrix calculation for each channel.
As such, it is RAM-intensive.

Makoto