[Eeglablist] Free assistance in converting your EEG data to the BIDS format

Delorme, Arnaud adelorme at ucsd.edu
Mon Aug 9 11:30:03 PDT 2021

BIDS is rapidly becoming the standard of choice to store and publish data. Yet, the initial learning curve is steep.

To promote the BIDS EEG repository (NEMAR tool and OpenNeuro for EEG), we are assisting people in converting their (old and new) data using the BIDS EEGLAB plugin and post the data publicly. Publicly posting data has been shown to increase citation by 25%, and several popular datasets on OpenNeuro have already reached hundreds of downloads and over ten thousand views. Furthermore, we are developing automated tools for quality assessment to compare your data with those acquired at other labs. We can also provide automated EEGLAB processing pipelines for datasets in BIDS format. You keep control of your data and can have it held privately for more than a year.

As you may know, NIH (and probably other world funding agencies) will soon make sharing mandatory for data acquired with their funds (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__nexus.od.nih.gov_all_2020_10_29_nih-2Dreleases-2Dnew-2Dpolicy-2Dfor-2Ddata-2Dmanagement-2Dand-2Dsharing_&d=DwIFAg&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=kB5f6DjXkuOQpM1bq5OFA9kKiQyNm1p6x6e36h3EglE&m=Sfx-QxE94i-sqmDvIgBAdstEa7h2C9drzvgkYqbO5Zs&s=ylBiCmNpkad_B8KOnmMlTpBv1hHNAcm0wTtljN_kvOM&e= ), so now is an excellent time to get acquainted with the whole process.

We're looking forward to hearing from you or your team on how we can help. We can do free video training or even convert your files for you and assist you in posting your data publicly. You retain all control of your data and can hold it for more than a year privately before releasing it publically.

Please email amsalazar at ucsd.edu (cc me), and Annalisa will schedule a call with you.

Arnaud Delorme
Annalisa Salazar
Scott Makeig