[Eeglablist] 2022 UC-Davis/SDSU ERP Boot Camp Applications Now Open

Emily Kappenman emily.kappenman at sdsu.edu
Mon Jan 3 10:16:05 PST 2022

The UC-Davis/SDSU ERP Boot Camp, a 10-day NIH-funded summer workshop on the
ERP technique, will be held July 18-27, 2022. This year’s workshop will
take place in Davis, California at the UC-Davis Center for Mind & Brain. It
is intended for individuals who want to gain a deep understanding of the
ERP technique, including both basic scientists and clinical/translational
researchers.

Topics will include:

   - Neural origins of ERPs
   - The design and interpretation of ERP experiments
   - EEG data acquisition
   - Filtering, artifact rejection, and artifact correction
   - Measuring and analyzing ERP components
   - Advanced methods, such as time-frequency analysis and multivariate
   pattern analysis
   - Setting up and running an ERP lab

The Boot Camp consists of lectures on these topics, accompanied by guided
discussions of ERP papers, activities, and individual consultations. It is
led by Steve Luck and Emily Kappenman, and the faculty includes many
distinguished ERP researchers from UC-Davis and other universities.

Previous ERP Boot Camp participants have come from around the world and
have included graduate students, postdocs, research scientists, and
faculty. They have included psychologists, neuroscientists, psychiatrists,
neurologists, audiologists, linguists, and more. The ERP Boot Camp provides
a deep exploration of ERPs, so we require that graduate students and
postdocs have had at least one year of intensive ERP experience before
attending the Boot Camp (this requirement is waived for faculty-level
participants). We strongly encourage applications from individuals from
underrepresented groups and disadvantaged backgrounds.

Funding is available from NIH to defray most or all of the costs of
attending the Boot Camp. There is no registration fee. We typically accept
30-32 U.S. citizens and permanent residents, along with 3-5 participants
who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents.

*COVID Information*: We are currently planning to hold the 2022 Boot Camp
as an in-person event, because this maximizes both learning and networking.
However, there are many uncertainties about the COVID-19 pandemic, so these
plans are subject to change. If the event is held in person, we will
require that everyone is fully vaccinated, and we will also implement any
other safety measures that are warranted at the time of the workshop.

Applications for the 2022 workshop are now being accepted. Applications are
due by April 1, 2022, and admissions decisions will be announced in early
May. For more information and the application form, see
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__erpinfo.org_the-2Derp-2Dboot-2Dcamp_&d=DwIFaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=kB5f6DjXkuOQpM1bq5OFA9kKiQyNm1p6x6e36h3EglE&m=nKMTTnnD3obADxOSGHD7EW9DtOqOUh97kEiv93Wjb-AjH3GaBgNj-lY6nwvS-f2m&s=ELXQ1PdbgCA2rw3F__sc7EdnmgRlVTQ0HO39pP1g_Ko&e=

If you have questions after reading the materials on our website, please
send an email to erpbootcamp at gmail.com

Emily S. Kappenman, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Psychology
San Diego State University
6363 Alvarado Court, Suite 250
San Diego, CA 92120-1863
(619) 594-2437
emily.kappenman at sdsu.edu
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.emilykappenman.org&d=DwIFaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=kB5f6DjXkuOQpM1bq5OFA9kKiQyNm1p6x6e36h3EglE&m=nKMTTnnD3obADxOSGHD7EW9DtOqOUh97kEiv93Wjb-AjH3GaBgNj-lY6nwvS-f2m&s=VnIGwABDEzpKeWRff0_E3ctPU2abUNMyJWsNxqDTSb8&e=