[Eeglablist] Compatibility of events between softwares and ERP analyses

Dr Cyril, Pernet wamcyril at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 00:30:21 PST 2022

Hi Aliénor
> Hello,
> I am a PhD student at the faculty of veterinary medicine in St Hyacinthe (Quebec, Canada). I am also a  begginner in the use of EEGLab and I have some questions. I hope you will be able to answer me.
>    *   I have indicated some events on the EEG recording using the software Stellate Harmony, but they are not at the good place when i read this edf file with EEgLab. I took each delay on Stellate and then indicate them on EEGlab but, has it an other way more easy and fast to do this ?

I would recommend working with BIDS
(https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__bids-2Dspecification.readthedocs.io_en_stable_04-2Dmodality-2Dspecific-2Dfiles_03-2Delectroencephalography.html&d=DwIDaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=kB5f6DjXkuOQpM1bq5OFA9kKiQyNm1p6x6e36h3EglE&m=J4vMXG3NSx8cIpWFBL_y64T5r-LXptXfN0txGVSN3rMjyFTRk1qgDWPr-1bRCuH3&s=0HSu4qV3IFp-UpeuimX6yd1gS3EpWnXc7yTrvQ7tiQE&e= )
- if your data are well prepared then EEGLAB will work for you like a
charm - STUDY=pop_importbids(folder_with_all_the _data, options) and
from there you can do preprocessing for all subjects easily as well as
stats.

you can find an example of how we do it with Arno
@https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_LIMO-2DEEG-2DToolbox_limo-5Fmeeg_wiki_1.-2DPreprocessing&d=DwIDaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=kB5f6DjXkuOQpM1bq5OFA9kKiQyNm1p6x6e36h3EglE&m=J4vMXG3NSx8cIpWFBL_y64T5r-LXptXfN0txGVSN3rMjyFTRk1qgDWPr-1bRCuH3&s=etwziIieEsR1OwVXY0kFXduqgm6fL9SC5LafRLPYuBc&e=

being in Montreal, there should be plenty of people who know BIDS and
can help - but if you need, do reach out about that (there is also a
BIDS import to help you prepare data according to bids from your source
data -- see the BIDS EEGLAB plug-in)

>    *   I perform ICA and ERP analyses on all the events I recorded. Is it possible to perform ERP analyses by selecting only one event or a some of them ?

you can even create a design with all the conditions and analyse any
combination of those (only one, many, differences, interactions, etc ...
) using the limo eeg extension (tutorial here
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_LIMO-2DEEG-2DToolbox_limo-5Fmeeg_wiki&d=DwIDaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=kB5f6DjXkuOQpM1bq5OFA9kKiQyNm1p6x6e36h3EglE&m=J4vMXG3NSx8cIpWFBL_y64T5r-LXptXfN0txGVSN3rMjyFTRk1qgDWPr-1bRCuH3&s=iooZ7g0VBH23JDBf2nf2jPEkypjigpyQWsxw9OQQdHg&e= ) -- again having used
BIDS above, you already have a STUDY built and it is only a matter of
making a statistical model.

best

Cyril