[Eeglablist] Special issues: Brain Awareness Week: from Basic Research to Real Life

claudio lucchiari claudio.lucchiari at unimi.it
Mon Feb 21 12:26:34 PST 2022

Special issue: Brain Awareness Week 2022: from Basic Research to Real Life

link:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.frontiersin.org_research-2Dtopics_31622_brain-2Dawareness-2Dweek-2Dfrom-2Dbasic-2Dresearch-2Dto-2Dreal-2Dlife&d=DwIDaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=kB5f6DjXkuOQpM1bq5OFA9kKiQyNm1p6x6e36h3EglE&m=UkMkPr8njd4Y9d8E_nVNPh8RcrelAor-KXNCiTn5yCbt-2_OPvR9r9C3dcaIEdUh&s=rbcgIOklz8NaoA5nBTmSluGhNns3uTfBL0I0kmBOaW8&e=

Dear Colleagues,

Brain Awareness Week is a global campaign with the purpose to spread the
importance of brain research as much as possible, and to educate people
about the crucial effects that it has on scientific research, clinical
practice, and everyday life. Every year, during the month of March, the
adhering partners propose activities of different kinds about the brain,
and the impact brain science has on our everyday lives. In the event of
Brain Awareness Week 2022 (held from March 14-20), this Research Topic
focuses on collecting contributions about related topics from a
cognitive perspective.

The Research Topic is aimed at collecting contributions to bring
together and disseminate cutting edge and interdisciplinary research on
the brain. Heterogeneous but harmonious work will be collected, ranging
from clinical neurology to neuro-cognitive models. Fundamental themes
will then include cognitive empowerment, the study and enhancement of
cognitive reserve in the elderly, learning models, the effects of
neuroscience on cognitive ergonomics, the study of art and creativity,
affective and social neuroscience, legal applications, sports and
lifestyle, cognitive-based technologies, the virtuous interaction
between artificial and natural intelligence and, consequently, between
brain and computer. Altogether, we feel that brain research will be a
key player also in the development of the future world, contributing to
a healthier, inclusive, and sustainable society. Consequently, the
manuscripts focused on diversity, healthy lifestyle, ecological
behavior, and gender studies will be particularly appreciated. Indeed,
another important aim of the collection is to project the results of
brain research onto the future world.

kind regards

claudio lucchiari

--
Claudio Lucchiari, Ph.D
Associate Professor of Cognitive Psychology