[Eeglablist] Inconsistent results using clean_artifacts

Velu Prabhakar Kumaravel velu.kumaravel at unitn.it
Thu Mar 3 07:39:39 PST 2022

Hi Cristina,

The difference in bad channels should not be too shocking, I believe. If
you want to quantify this difference, you might run your code 10 or 20
times and look at the list of bad channels each time.

The reason why you see minor differences is due to the "ChannelCriterion"
method which uses random samples to compute the correlation between
channels. If you disable this method, you might not notice the differences
anymore.

EEG =
pop_clean_rawdata(EEG,'FlatlineCriterion',5,'ChannelCriterion','off','LineNoiseCriterion',4,'Highpass',[0.25
0.75],'BurstCriterion','off','WindowCriterion','off','BurstRejection','off','Distance','Euclidian','WindowCriterionTolerances','off');

Let me know your observations. This issue can perhaps be fixed by 'seeding'
the random selection with some efforts in the script *clean_channels.m*

Best regards,

Velu Prabhakar Kumaravel, PhD Student
Center for Mind/Brain Sciences,
University of Trento, Italy