[Eeglablist] AMICA error on 256 channels EEG

Hyeonseok Kim hyk030 at UCSD.EDU
Fri Mar 11 12:15:09 PST 2022

Dear Ke,

If you run AMICA on Windows, this could happen.

It seems there is a limit to how big data can be handled when you execute system command through MATLAB on Windows.

I suggest 2 solutions.

You can run AMICA on Linux. (I don't use MacOS so I don't know whether this works on Mac. You could test it on Mac and tell us if it works.)

or you can manually execute the 'amica15mkl.exe' after 'input.param' file is generated.

Open the Command Prompt (cmd) and type in [(your amica directory)\amica15mkl.exe + space + (output directory)\input.param]

In my case, the command would be
 'C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2021b\bin\save\eeglab14_1_2b\plugins\amica1.5\amica15mkl.exe C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2021b\bin\save\AMICAresult\input.param'

I hope this can help you.

Best regards,
Hyeonseok