[Eeglablist] AMICA error on 256 channels EEG

liao ke kekeliao at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 08:18:07 PST 2022

Dear all,

I have a problem in running the AMICA and need your help.

I have used AMICA to process some 128 channel EEG datasets recorded from
EGI system (reduced to 64 channels for calculation)  without any problem.
When I run AMICA on some 256 channel EEG data from the same system, it
always gives me the error message like:
'No gm present, setting num_models to 1
No W present, exiting
Reference to non-existent field 'W'.

Error in runamica15 (line 895)
    weights = mods.W(:,:,1);

Error in pop_runamica (line 338)
    [W,S,mods] = runamica15(g.datfile,arglist{:});

Error while evaluating Menu Callback.'

This happens even I reduce the data into 183 channels. But when I further
reduce the data into 90 channels, the AMICA can run well. I am using AMICA
v1.6.1 with all default parameters from GUI.

Is there any setting wrong with  my AMICA? Is there a channel limitation
with AMICA?

Thanks very much for your help!
Ke