[Eeglablist] filter and ERP time window in Study

ivano triggiani ivanotriggiani at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 09:49:48 PDT 2022

Dear all,

I noticed that, using Study for the ERPs, something strange.
I have trials of 2 seconds (-1s to 1s) when I plot them (with the
statistics) if I choose a low-pass filter (ex. 20Hz) and the edges of a
shorter time window (ex: -100ms to 500ms), it seems that software applies
the low-pass after the reduction of the time window. This order creates the
classic distortion at the edges. Should it not be the opposite, I mean
filtering before reducing the window?

Thanks,

Ivano