[Eeglablist] Is dipfit ever used for purposes other than localising source space data?

Scott Makeig smakeig at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 17:13:24 PDT 2022

1) the scalp map 0 is arbitrary ... so a red+green map and a red+blue map
*may* represent the same source projection.

2) a deep equiv. dipole can match the projection of a shallow distributed
source (for example, a source constituted of all the scalp 'source' voxels
with different values/colors! - active follicular source areas!?!).

3) the result with Julie on the most focal source in which HFB co-varies
with emotional valence (good-meh-bad) - the near-bilateral temporal source
pair that showed up in that ICA analysis has appeared again in several
(differing) fMRI experiments.  ICs are spatial filters, spatially filtering
the whole spectrum to emphasize (in the case of a 'dipolar' IC map)
activity in a particular brain source area.  Whether whole-band ICA
decomposition captures as much of the spatial structure of high-freq LFP as
at lower frequencies, I do not know -- but Julie's result shows that it can
well capture significant spatial pattern differences.