[Eeglablist] 16 Hz artifact with lower harmonics in data

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Mon Apr 11 11:00:06 PDT 2022

Dear Malte and Bene,

Thank you Malte for the detailed explanation. I appreciate you took time to
detail it for us.

ZapLine and ZapLine plus uses a spatial filter. You want to make a good
number of electrodes. If you have only two electrodes, it is probably
severely suboptimal. Use other methods instead, such as a notch filter, a
spectral interpolation (Fieldtrip supports it I believe), or I personally
recommend CleanLine (debugged version). CleanLine works a univariate manner
and it takes advantage of the difference in the time constants of amplitude
envelopes between the environmental noise (slower changes) and the
endogenic (faster changes).

Please keep us posted Malte. 'The whole world wants to know where is
the 16-Hz signal from?'

Makoto