[Eeglablist] LIMO 'parameters'

Whitehead, Kimberley k.whitehead at ucl.ac.uk
Wed May 18 00:47:48 PDT 2022

Hi

I have a question about LIMO please.

I have resting EEG from 3 groups (controls, mild disease, severe disease), which is split into 3-second epochs because I read that even resting data is better chopped up.

In LIMO I have estimated frequency analysis model parameters successfully, chosen to do an ANOVA, and then loaded beta files for the 3 independent groups (e.g. for my controls: 'Beta_files_Gp-Control_First40hours_ANOVA_GLM_Channels_Frequency_WLS.txt'). It then asks me what parameter I want to test. I don't understand this because I don't have any more complexity to my study design, e.g. I saw in the tutorial that parameter 1 might be 'famous faces' if you had multiple experimental conditions but that doesn't apply here. So I tried putting either 3, 1, or [] in the pop-up box, or closing the box. All gave the same error message (below).

I know that my study design is okay because I can run an ANOVA fine using the basic STUDY capability. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks, Kim.

Error message:

Index in position 3 exceeds array bounds (must not exceed 1).

Error in limo_random_select (line 1059)
            tmp_data(:,:,index:(sum(nb_subjects(1:i)))) = squeeze(data{i}(:,:,current_param,:));

Error in limo_random_effect>ANOVA_Callback (line 265)
            limo_random_select(answer,handles.chan_file,'nboot',handles.b,'tfce',handles.tfce,'type','Channels');

Error in gui_mainfcn (line 95)
        feval(varargin{:});

Error in limo_random_effect (line 29)
    gui_mainfcn(gui_State, varargin{:});

Error in
matlab.graphics.internal.figfile.FigFile/read>@(hObject,eventdata)limo_random_effect('ANOVA_Callback',hObject,eventdata,guidata(hObject))
Error while evaluating UIControl Callback.

Kimberley Whitehead, PhD

Senior Research Fellow
Dept. of Neuroscience, Physiology and Pharmacology
Visiting Senior Research Fellow
Institute for Women's Health
University College London
-