[Eeglablist] High variability in single trial ERSP result after each ICA run

sara.kamali at uam.es sara.kamali at uam.es
Mon May 30 06:31:23 PDT 2022

Hi all,

I am using a public dataset to study the ERSP for different
frequencies at single trials. I have noticed that when I run the ICA
for the same subject, several times, every time I get a considerably
different result when I look at the ERSP at the single trials!
The amplitude of each frequency curve varies highly for the same trial
and the same subject!
Does this mean the results are not reliable and I should use another dataset?

Thank you in advance for sharing your opinion,
Sara