[Eeglablist] NIH EEG postdoc position available

Kline, Julia (NIH/CC/RMD) [E] julia.kline at nih.gov
Mon Jun 27 07:37:43 PDT 2022

We are currently seeking physical therapists, neuroscientists, or biomedical/bioengineers with a PhD in these or related fields for a post-doctoral research position focusing on the use of non-invasive brain imaging techniques, specifically electroencephalography (EEG) and functional near-infrared spectroscopy (fNIRS), to evaluate emergence of motor skills in infants and toddlers with and without cerebral palsy, and/or on the design and implementation of novel early intervention device-augmented training paradigms. Our laboratory utilizes a team approach that combines clinical research and engineering expertise to investigate motor coordination in cerebral palsy and to design and test novel interventions. Applicants should have experience collecting, processing and analyzing EEG or NIRS data or relevant expertise that would enable them to learn these skills in a short time period as well as experience in collecting motion capture or other biomechanical measurements from human subjects.

Our lab is located within the NIH Research Hospital, the Clinical Center, on the main NIH campus in Bethesda, MD (just north of Washington D.C.). Our section has a fully equipped motion analysis laboratory with 12 cameras, 3 force plates, wireless EMG system, instrumented treadmill and ZeroG harness system, a Neurocom balance system, wireless and tethered EEG and fNIRS systems, 3D muscle ultrasound, a robotics fabrication laboratory, etc. We also have access to state-of-the-science brain imaging and genetics testing facilities, along with many other NIH resources. Post-doctoral training is an important part of the NIH mission and there is a very vibrant post-doctoral community here with many exceptional NIH-wide educational opportunities for young investigators.

Interested individuals should send their CV and a brief summary of career goals to Dr. Diane Damiano, Senior Investigator and the Chief of the Neurorehabilitation and Biomechanics Research Section at damianod at cc.nih.gov<mailto:damianod at cc.nih.gov>.