[Eeglablist] AMICA to clean eye blinks on 8-channel EEG

liao ke kekeliao at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 15:20:57 PDT 2022

Dear All,

I have a problem to use AMICA to clean eye blinks on 8-channel EEG and want
to get your help.

The EEG is continuous data ~10 min. There are many eyeblinks on frontal
channels like Fp1 & Fpz. AMICA can separate eye blink IC component and Fp1
& Fpz are well cleaned after removing the eye IC. But it creates many
eyeblink-like artifacts on other channels like Oz & Pz at the time when the
original blinks exist. It looks like when removing the blinks, those
channels subtract the blinks and therefore create blink-like negative peaks.

What's the best way to clean the eyeblinks on this continuous EEG data?
Since we don't want to get any data segment removed, we don't use
Clean_rawdata() and ASR to remove blinks.

Is there other tool to clean blinks for continuous EEG ? My
colleague suggests to use Gratton algorithm but it looks only works for
epoch data.

Thank you very much for your help!

Best,
Ke