[Eeglablist] Postdoctoral Opening at Rutgers University-Newark in fMRI of Aging and Alzheimer’s Disease

Travis Baker travis.e.baker.phd at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 07:00:00 PDT 2022

*Postdoctoral Opening at Rutgers University-Newark in fMRI of Aging and
Alzheimer’s Disease *

Timing: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. The position can
begin in either Aug/Sept of 2022 or January, 2023.

The *Aging & Brain Health Alliance* at Rutgers University-Newark seeks a
Postdoctoral Fellow with strong prior training and experience in fMRI
methods with an interest in applying those techniques to the study of aging
and Alzheimer’s disease prevention.  Fellows who work in our lab would
participate in our NIH-funded study of *Pathways to Healthy Aging in
African Americans, *which draws on interdisciplinary methods
from cognitive neuroscience (fMRI, EEG, & cognitive assessments), genetics
of Alzheimer’s disease and memory, exercise physiology and kinesiology,
public health, sleep research, and immunology. We have an extensive program
of community engagement in the greater Newark area through which we recruit
older African Americans into both longitudinal and interventional research.
We work collaboratively with several other aging and brain research centers
including those at UC, Irvine (brain imaging and sleep) and the University
of Gothenburg, Sweden, (neurochemistry of Alzheimer’s pathology); there
will be opportunities for interdisciplinary and international
cross-training with our collaborators at these other institutions.

For additional details, lecture videos, an overview of current lab members,
and downloadable publications and research summaries, see our lab web site
at https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.gluck.edu/__;!!Mih3wA!F5rq9nwWolE4X4jlaFA_Vi0Bf5p5CoiWDq-T1L9rBH1yfy3T-ivHT29LjSuKjpNcwc4yZhW6CcCpz5LdYLHPFwnCjYORntdq$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http*3A*2F*2Fwww.gluck.edu*2F&data=05*7C01*7Cteb81*40newark.rutgers.edu*7Cc31abe3c07db4029292c08da61349c55*7Cb92d2b234d35447093ff69aca6632ffe*7C1*7C0*7C637929175824899863*7CUnknown*7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0*3D*7C3000*7C*7C*7C&sdata=RmqPFGhKbzKttPqzuqoexcUrWA7gOHD6AEjSvYvKT5Y*3D&reserved=0__;JSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSU!!Mih3wA!F5rq9nwWolE4X4jlaFA_Vi0Bf5p5CoiWDq-T1L9rBH1yfy3T-ivHT29LjSuKjpNcwc4yZhW6CcCpz5LdYLHPFwnCjb1--QMD$ >
and
our community web site for the Rutgers Aging & Brain Health Alliance at
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://brainhealth.rutgers.edu/__;!!Mih3wA!F5rq9nwWolE4X4jlaFA_Vi0Bf5p5CoiWDq-T1L9rBH1yfy3T-ivHT29LjSuKjpNcwc4yZhW6CcCpz5LdYLHPFwnCjTl9mbU8$ .

*Applicants should exhibit all four of these criteria:*

1. Strong skills, training and prior hands-on experience in fMRI methods
and theory (*most important criteri*a).

2. A Ph.D. in Neuroscience, Cognitive Neuroscience, Neurobiology, or
related field.

3. Rigorous training and experience in statistics and data analysis.

4. Prior experience writing and submitting first-authored English-language
academic papers and research grants.

*FOREIGN CANDIDATES:  Are welcome as long as they meet all four criteria
listed above. *

Salary will be commensurate with experience and comparable to other
postdoctoral positions at Rutgers University in neuroscience and related
fields.

Applicants should applying **in parallel** through both of two mechanisms:

(1). Email me to gluck at rutgers.edu <gluck at newark.rutgers.edu> with a
complete CV, a cover-letter addressing the degree to which you fit all of
the desiderata noted above, clarification on your current location and
citizenship/visa status, along with a summary of relevant skills,
background, future career goals, prior experience, and why you think you
are a good fit to our research and lab (*please review both our web sites
before applying*). Please also include a PDF sample of a submitted or
published (or in-press) first-authored English-language paper.

(2). Apply formally online through Rutgers Human Resources web page to
upload all your documents there, as well:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/151891__;!!Mih3wA!F5rq9nwWolE4X4jlaFA_Vi0Bf5p5CoiWDq-T1L9rBH1yfy3T-ivHT29LjSuKjpNcwc4yZhW6CcCpz5LdYLHPFwnCjWzfU3Lg$

- Mark