[Eeglablist] EEG research scientist position in Boston

Laurel Gabard-Durnam laurel.gabarddurnam at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 09:17:42 PDT 2022

Dr. Laurel Gabard-Durnam (PINE Lab, Boston USA) has an available research
scientist position for a scientist with interests in exploring novel ways
to robustly quantify EEG in the context of neurodevelopment, including
functional connectivity, nonlinear, microstate, and other measures.
Experience with developmental data is not necessary, but interest in
developmental questions will best fit the lab’s goals (e.g. how is brain
function constructed over time? How can we use EEG to understand brain
change and its relation to behavior? How do different environmental and
biological factors impact brain development trajectories and behavior?)

The research scientist will have access to largescale, global, longitudinal
EEG datasets (and in many cases MRI) with rich environmental and behavioral
data over infancy and childhood. These datasets can be used to address a
variety of research program questions, depending on individual research
interests. If interested, the scientist could also contribute to the lab’s
ongoing efforts to improve signal processing for EEG data via our
open-source HAPPE software. This person will become part of an
international network of neuroscientists with opportunities to present
research and travel internationally as interested.

Pending interest, this position may become a longterm collaborative
partnership or expand to include other partnerships within our Center for
Cognitive and Brain Health at Northeastern University. Dr. Gabard-Durnam
views this opportunity as a way to provide a sustainable avenue for
scientists who do not wish to run a lab themselves but enjoy contributing
to science in an academic context with a diverse, vibrant team of scholars.
Please see our lab culture page to understand our PINE Lab community values
for our researchers (
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.plasticityinneurodevelopmentlab.com/our-values__;!!Mih3wA!FuF3RAsM5I-5p4ZceNruOLibK4FI6UynGXVJUq0LH4mDPQnML_dslU2WdilMyAk6-254tOL7y5ghS9xuWwS595zCrchCImYM$ ).

We are housed in Northeastern’s ISEC building (awarded Boston’s most
beautiful new building award) with state-of-the-art neuroimaging facilities.

Competitive salary for assistant professor positions in the area to begin.

If you are interested in this position, please reach out with a CV and
cover letter to Dr. Gabard-Durnam (l.gabard-durnam at northeastern.edu). Dr.
Gabard-Durnam encourages individuals from under-represented groups in
science to apply.