[Eeglablist] averaging across erpsets - dimension error

Katharina Spalek Katharina.Spalek at hhu.de
Thu Sep 1 12:13:48 PDT 2022

Dear fellow ERPlab users,

this is an ERPlab question rather than an EEGlab question, but I hope that someone here will be able to point me in the right direction.

I want to average erps from two different labs. This should be fine because we ran the same experiment with the same setup and now we want to analyse the data together. Lab 1 had only kept 25 channels, lab 2 had kept all 32. This wasn’t a problem since I could delete the unnecessary channels with ERPlab channel operations. However, the two sets of files are still not compatible for averaging, and the problem is in the binerror field. For lab 1, it has [25x1000x18 double], and for lab 2, it has [32x1000x18 double], which reflects the original channel numbers. Note that the bindata field structure is [25x1000x18 double] in both sets of data.

(The error message is: Unable to perform assignment because the size of the left side is 32-by-1-by-18 and the size of the right side is 25-by-1-by-18.)

Is there a quick workaround, or will I have to re-create the ERPs from one lab such that they match the other lab?

Many thanks in advance for useful tips,

Katharina