[Eeglablist] Help with EEG data analysis and power band feature extraction.

Arnaud Delorme adelorme at ucsd.edu
Tue Nov 8 16:45:25 PST 2022

> 1. Import raw data collected from g.tec gUSBamp via Matlab into EEGLAB .
> set format.
> 2. Bandpass filter data (0.5hz to 30Hz).

You might not want to low pass at 30 Hz. You will be loosing signal.

> 3. Remove eye blinking artifacts using ICA decomposition.
> 4. Interpolate bad channels (in some recordings, I have had to interpolate
> up to three channels). The criteria to consider bad channels is performing
> visualization of data stream, spectra and results of cleaning raw data and
> ASR.

You might also want to remote bad portions of data using clean_rawdata before running ICA. Check some of the data analyses pipelines

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://eeglab.org/tutorials/11_Scripting/automated_pipeline.html__;!!Mih3wA!HwyPzhG5i7iCxEDiMFJTshzVtY5W9sy0rKWznK4KAOO9FREYMeH5_zNekmMn1f4ITpkDWLn_h_9YqEgkiXYfOgi1$
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://eeglab.org/tutorials/11_Scripting/Analyzing_EEG_BIDS_data_in_EEGLAB.html__;!!Mih3wA!HwyPzhG5i7iCxEDiMFJTshzVtY5W9sy0rKWznK4KAOO9FREYMeH5_zNekmMn1f4ITpkDWLn_h_9YqEgkif-aqeIk$

> My question is, should I use the same temporality with EEG?, that means, to
> divide each dataset into the corresponding 1-minute segment synchronized
> with HRV and process each segment individually.

Yes, I would use the same temporarily.

> Also, how can I, for
> example, extract  numerical values or features related to frequency power,
> so I can use it to perform correlation or other statistical analysis on
> both signals?

Correct.
Best wishes,