[Eeglablist] defining channel types during import of EGI/sfp channel locations in GUI

K Jeffrey Eriksen kjefferiksen at comcast.net
Fri Nov 18 09:50:38 PST 2022

Hello support,

I wonder if something changed in one of the EEGlab updates? When I load an
EGI channel location file (GSN-HydroCel-257.sfp) now, the channel type is
blank except for the initial three "FID" channels. It seems that I must
manually enter the "EEG" type on electrodes E1-E257 (entries 4-260 in the
sfp file). I do not know the syntax to enter a full set of channel indices,
which in this case would be [1 2 3 4 5 . 257]. Can someone tell me the
proper syntax for this? I would not enjoy entering them one at a time.

I seem to recall that all the channel type were preset to EEG. Am I wrong
about this? Or perhaps a different file type (not sfp) includes the channel
type?

Thanks for any knowledge or suggestions.

-Jeff