[Eeglablist] Postdoctoral Position Available to study pelvic pain with EEG and fMRI

Kalman Hellman painscientist at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 15:56:13 PST 2022

*Postdoctoral Position Available to study pelvic pain with
electrophysiology and fMRI*

*We are currently seeking a Postdoctoral Scientist *for the Pelvic Pain
Translational Research Laboratory located at NorthShore University
HealthSystem, an educational affiliate of the University of Chicago
(Evanston, IL). Our lab goal is to systematically define the
pathophysiology of dysmenorrhea and develop new treatments, while
simultaneously training a cadre of future investigators to revolutionize
the neuroscience of Women’s Health. We conduct treatment studies and
investigate novel diagnostic methods for pelvic pain. Our research is
essential because there are few other laboratories dedicated to eradicating
dysmenorrhea, one of the most frequent causes of suffering and gender
disparity worldwide. The laboratory uses functional MRI, quantitative
sensory testing, EEG, ultrasonography and molecular methods to understand
the causes of pelvic pain. The directors of the laboratory are faculty
affiliated with the University of Chicago. See
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34510138/__;!!Mih3wA!AYycLi6MSYT2_CJjxAxcVA3xzHCh2pyj52ZyX_SvYDhCWDDzOa29cNuVvX7RxACYJAEHBuYR3-lLoBYqgMmfqSfU9vnq$  for an example of a recent
publication by our laboratory.

·         *Programming and statistical experience are essential.*

·         *Strong institutional support will be provided to allow the
development of independent grant applications with opportunities for
advancement.*

·         This location offers a variety of common resources including
access to many core facilities, resources for translational research, and
other colleagues focused on translational research.

·         Applicants will be required to send curriculum vitae,
bibliography, statement of research interests, and names of at least three