[Eeglablist] EEGLab to FieldTrip Conversion

Tyler Durdern ty_du at gmx.de
Wed Mar 1 05:12:51 PST 2023

Dear all,

I have estimated connectivity between EEG channels using the phase-lag index (A function included in the FCLab toolbox for EEGlab). To validate the results I want to compare Phase-lag indices with another prominent connectivity estimate, the weighted phase-lag index. I found that the most common way to compute this metric is to use the field trip toolbox and it’s corresponding function ft_connectivity_wpli.
Unfortunately I have only ever worked with EEGlab and I want to omit having to completely start over my analysis in FieldTrip as all
data has already been preprocessed using EEGlab. Therefore, I was looking for a way to convert my preprocessed
data (in EEGlab format) to Fiedltrip. I found the function eeglab2fieldtrip, although the data format I obtain does not seem
to work since I get numerous errors when trying to use fieldtrip functions on the data structure.

Therefore, my question is two-fold: 1) Is there a way to convert preprocessed EEG data to fieldtrip data, and 2) Is it possible
to compute the weighted phase-lag index in EEGlab in the first place?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best,

Tyler