[Eeglablist] Channel Rejection and Interpolation in EEGLAB - EOG and EKG problem

봉수현 npdrbong at kaist.ac.kr
Thu Aug 17 05:36:57 PDT 2023

Dear EEGLAB Community,

I am a novice user of EEGLAB and have been diligently working on analyzing my data following the guidelines from Makoto's preprocessing pipeline and the EEGLAB tutorial.

I have two queries that I hope to gain insights into:

1. Channel Rejection with clean_rawdata: When rejecting channels using clean_rawdata, is the following code snippet the correct approach to exclude EOG and ECG channels?

% remove bad channels and interpolate all bad channels
originalEEG = EEG;
chanlocs = EEG.chanlocs;
[EEG, aa] = pop_clean_rawdata(EEG, 'FlatlineCriterion',5,'ChannelCriterion',0.8,'LineNoiseCriterion',4,'Highpass','off','BurstCriterion','off','WindowCriterion','off','BurstRejection','off','Distance','Euclidian','channels_ignore',{'HEO', 'VEO', 'EKG'});

2. Channel Interpolation Issue: Subsequently, I plan to perform interpolation. However, employing the code below seems to lead to the interpolation of EOG and EKG channels as well. Is there a potential solution to this concern?
EEG = pop_interp(EEG,chanlocs,'spherical');

I appreciate your attention to my queries and eagerly await guidance on these matters. Your expertise and insights would greatly assist me in advancing my current project.

Thank you and best regards,

Su Hyun Bong