[Eeglablist] Call for Abstracts – Neural Traces 2024: Advanced M/EEG Methods and Clinical Applications Workshop

Nguyen, Tien Dung tien-dung.nguyen at charite.de
Wed Dec 13 03:58:20 PST 2023

Neural Traces  2024: Advanced M/EEG Methods and Clinical Applications Workshop

April 10-12, 2024 @ PTB Berlin, Germany

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://neuraltraces2024.org__;!!Mih3wA!Gc24mDdPSiJaYA43FED2-t1w3iNqCKaUsVW-Sj1mTXvoX_VUECI2JIN-wyeydBB0JpPyY2XG10l6M63xAwqFbI0g5OApWnYQWR8$ <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://neuraltraces2024.org/__;!!Mih3wA!Gc24mDdPSiJaYA43FED2-t1w3iNqCKaUsVW-Sj1mTXvoX_VUECI2JIN-wyeydBB0JpPyY2XG10l6M63xAwqFbI0g5OApvEvrDmk$ > | Submission deadline: January 8, 2024 | Registration opening: February 1, 2024

Neural Traces is an onsite, three-day workshop on methods in electroencephalography and magnetoencephalography (M/EEG) and their clinical applications. Advances in M/EEG, and the methods employed to extract information from their corresponding signals, have increasingly contributed to our understanding of brain function and network connectivity. In this workshop, we review various methods that have been developed to enable accurate source imaging from these electrophysiological modalities. We also discuss M/EEG signal extraction and interpretation in the context of various neurological and psychiatric disorders.

We are soliciting extended abstract submissions for contributed oral and poster presentations.

Topics

Suitable submissions may cover but are not limited to the following topics:

I. Advanced M/EEG data analysis methods:

  *   Signal processing and time series modeling
  *   Forward and inverse modeling
  *   Machine learning and multivariate modeling
  *   Open science (software, data, standards, protocols, ...)

II. Clinical applications of M/EEG:

  *   Movement disorders
  *   Aging and dementia
  *   Psychiatric and developmental disorders
  *   Epilepsy
  *   Sleep and consciousness disorders

Submission guidelines

Title, author list and affiliations, 700-word (maximum) extended abstract outlining the study's background, approach, (preliminary) findings and significance, and references.

Optional: figure with a 150-word (maximum) description

Registration and on-site participation is required for presenters.

Please visit https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://neuraltraces2024.org__;!!Mih3wA!Gc24mDdPSiJaYA43FED2-t1w3iNqCKaUsVW-Sj1mTXvoX_VUECI2JIN-wyeydBB0JpPyY2XG10l6M63xAwqFbI0g5OApWnYQWR8$ <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://neuraltraces2024.org/__;!!Mih3wA!Gc24mDdPSiJaYA43FED2-t1w3iNqCKaUsVW-Sj1mTXvoX_VUECI2JIN-wyeydBB0JpPyY2XG10l6M63xAwqFbI0g5OApvEvrDmk$ > for abstract submission, registration, and further information about the workshop.

Important dates

  *   January 8, 2024: Abstract submission closes
  *   February 1, 2024: Workshop registration opens

Workshop hosts and support

Neural Traces 2024 is organized by the Brain and Data Science Group at Charité-Universitätsmedizin Berlin, the Machine Learning and Inverse Modeling Group at PTB Berlin, and the Uncertainty, Inverse Modeling and Machine Learning (UNIML) Group at Technische Universität Berlin. The Workshop is partially supported by the European Research Council (Funding ID: 758985) and the Helmholtz Fund.