[Eeglablist] Questions on Channel Lock for Bipolar montage and PCA

Efthymios Papatzikis efp331 at mail.harvard.edu
Fri Dec 15 10:21:45 PST 2023

Dear colleagues,

I am using EEGLab to preprocess EEG data recorded in the NICU on premature infants (30-32 weeks PMA).

My recording montage is bipolar, but unfortunately the unit software exports the data in unipolar montage. I managed to re-reference my data in EEGLab creating a custom made MatLab script. So far so good.

My question is this: How can I insert channel locations in this bipolar montage? Have you ever managed to do it?

When I load location on the unipolar montage and then run the bipolar montage script, all locations are lost.

Also, is there anyone who can suggest a good way to run PCA in my datasets?

I use EEGLab v.2023.1.

Thank you all in advance,

Best,
Timos

Dr. Efthymios (Timos) Papatzikis QTS, FHEA
Dip.Mus, BMEd, MMus, PhD in Music Psychology, Prof.Cert.Ed., Cert.Neuro.
- Associate Professor of Infant Brain Development, Department of Early Childhood Education and Care, Oslo Metropolitan University, Norway
- Member of the Advanced Health Intelligence and Brain-Inspired Technologies (ADEPT) Research Group, OsloMet, Norway
- Board Member of the Bright Start Foundation for Maternal and Child Health, Geneva, Switzerland
- Associate Editor - Frontiers in Pediatric Psychology Journal
- Guest Editor - Frontiers in Pediatrics (Special research topic “Medical Neurohumanities in pediatric care <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.frontiersin.org/research-topics/56286/medical-neurohumanities-sharing-insights-from-medicine-neuroscience-and-music-in-pediatric-care?utm_source=F-RTM&utm_medium=TED1&utm_campaign=PRD_TED1_T1_RT-TITLE__;!!Mih3wA!CqpO23ekRobfR4MX8X97y5HacAt5g9WSzuZkHuPRtRLS3qPNi5HhjxpClPJsxWzMrFq83P3Sg_hOFrDLlBgwLkJgY9s1$ >”)

Click to my Profile <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.oslomet.no/en/about/employee/efthymio/__;!!Mih3wA!CqpO23ekRobfR4MX8X97y5HacAt5g9WSzuZkHuPRtRLS3qPNi5HhjxpClPJsxWzMrFq83P3Sg_hOFrDLlBgwLg5d-fcP$ > for more info

Oslo Metropolitan University (OsloMet)
Pilestredet 42,
0167 Oslo
Norway
Office: Q4024
Office telephone: +4767237987

Care to know how to design high quality research protocols in music and neuroscience? Read our publication on the "Quality Standards and Recommendations on Neuroplasticity and Music Research <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://nyaspubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/nyas.14944__;!!Mih3wA!CqpO23ekRobfR4MX8X97y5HacAt5g9WSzuZkHuPRtRLS3qPNi5HhjxpClPJsxWzMrFq83P3Sg_hOFrDLlBgwLkSVQaQC$ >" published in the Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences journal

Interviewed by The Guardian on the “Pandemic Brain and Music <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jun/24/pandemic-brain-covid-coronavirus-fog-concentrate__;!!Mih3wA!CqpO23ekRobfR4MX8X97y5HacAt5g9WSzuZkHuPRtRLS3qPNi5HhjxpClPJsxWzMrFq83P3Sg_hOFrDLlBgwLh0_ysoz$ >”