[Eeglablist] 100 Years of EEG - Survey reminder and Design competition - please share!

Dominik Welke D.Welke at leeds.ac.uk
Sat Dec 23 04:48:28 PST 2023

Dear EEG users -
apologies for cross posting!

This is a final reminder (promised!) to participate in our community survey reflecting on a century of human EEG research.
So if you did not already finish it and perhaps find yourself with some idle time between the years, we would be very glad to hear your voice.

Our ~30 min survey asks to look back at the impact EEG has had on our current understanding of neuroscience but also: What might the next century hold, and what steps are critical to further improve the technique?
The survey has been commissioned by Nature Human Behaviour to be published in summer 2024 – 100 years after the first human EEG was recorded by Hans Berger.

You can find the survey here:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://tinyurl.com/EEG100__;!!Mih3wA!CmPYeg9QlToFY7d9rjFPxpQiLCBUwlIJEX89sc0BspEsg1EDhUa2PiZU3G1tvFeBgkUcxt5yBVIgPhq4S7WA37obow$
It closes on 31st December 2023

Next to this survey our consortium, along with other scientific bodies, works on further celebrations of the anniversary throughout 2024.

Along these lines, we are thrilled to announce our #EEG100 Image Competition.
We are calling you and your network to submit creative visual images that capture the theme of our celebrations - the past, present, and/or the future of EEG.

This competition is open to everyone – whether you’re a hobbyist, a professional artist/designer, or simply a neuroscientist with a creative side. We have no specific demands on visual style or content; we’re looking for originality and creativity – surprise us!
We do however ask that you avoid designs like a brain with ‘100’ superimposed on it. Ideally the work would adapt well to various formats, from print to digital display, but we welcome all forms of submissions!

The winning visual will be used by our consortium throughout 2024 as part of the centenary year celebrations. The work will be included in the OSF supplement accompanying the survey paper and presented at various conferences with full acknowledgment.
Please be aware that by submitting your design, you agree to release the image to the public domain under a CC license of your choice.

The winner will be determined by vote within our consortium based on originality, relevance, and overall visual impact of the submissions.
The winning creator will be awarded a $500 USD gift voucher.

Please email your submission to century.of.eeg at gmail.com<mailto:century.of.eeg at gmail.com> with the subject title “#EEG100 Image Competition” by the end of 31st January 2024 (on the last time zone on earth). You will receive a confirmation email upon successful submission.
You may submit any common file format (like jpg, png, pdf for images) but if your design is chosen, we will ask you to supply your artwork in a production ready format (e.g. as scalable vector graphic).

We can’t wait to see what you come up with!

All the best!
Dominik Welke
for the #EEG100 Team