Each user has access to a Dell Precision T3500 computer with an option of a 27-inch display or dual 20-inch displays.
The specifications of the systems are
- Quad Core Intel™ Xeon W3550 3.0GHz, 8M L3,
- 6GB, 1333MHz, DDR3 SDRAM, ECC
- 512MB NVIDIA® Quadro® FX 580
- Fedora 28(64-bit)
- Dell UltraSharp U2711 (2560x1440), Dell UltraSharp 2007fp (1600x1200)
Systems can be upgraded, depending on the user's needs and the budget, but they are typically used as terminals to access our high-powered computing resources described below, so local memory, disk, processor speed, etc., are usually irrelevant.
Because of the way our systems automatically mount NFS file systems shared between all workstations, users are not administrators of their own workstation. Software installation requests must be sent to the system administrator.
Users are allowed 50 GB /home space for personal usage from our shared disk resources, and unlimited (to a point) space in /data for working on projects.
"Blazing" is our system dedicated to GPU computing. It is equipped with
- Dual Intel Quad-Core Xeon W5580 3.2 GHz
- 72GB DDR3 1333 ECC Registered DIMM
- One nVidia GTX Titan (2688 CUDA cores)
- CentOS 7, running the latest nVidia CUDA software
"juggling" is the name of our Rocks Clusters 7.0 computing cluster that was originally built in 2006 as a 6-node/12-core cluster.
It has been upgraded since then and even though it has only 8 nodes, the total processor count is 192 cores. Each compute node is equipped with
- Dual AMD Opteron 6238 2.6GHz 16MB Cache Twelve-core
- 128GB DDR3 1600 ECC Registered Memory
"computing" is the name of our Rocks Clusters 6.1.1 computing cluster that is optimized for parallel computing. It is composed of a login node, three interactive nodes that alllow running MATLAB in an interactive session and 8 parallel nodes, ideal for running AMICA. Each compute node is equipped with
- Quad/4-way AMD Opteron 6136,8 Cores x 2.40GHz, Socket G34
- 256GB DDR3 Registered ECC/REG 1333 SDRAM
Queues are available for 32-, and 64-processor parallel computing.