[Eeglablist] Random selection of trials

Matt Mollison matthew.mollison at colorado.edu
Thu Apr 1 11:36:26 PDT 2010

As you imply, there are issues to be aware of when comparing conditions with
vastly different numbers of trials, but I couldn't do the topic justice.

To your second point, you could use the Matlab function randperm to make a
random index. The following code may not be optimal, but it works, so just
as an example:

ind = randperm(max([size(cond1,1),size(cond2,1)]));
ind = ind(1:min([size(cond1,1),size(cond2,1)]));

Don't forget to set the state of the rand function before using randperm;
e.g., rand('state',sum(100*clock)).

-Matt Mollison

--
Univ. of Colorado at Boulder