[Eeglablist] group scalp maps suspicious

Agatha Lenartowicz alenarto at ucla.edu
Tue Apr 12 10:56:27 PDT 2011

Hi all - I am having a problem with the study constructed scalp maps (raw data). The maps look quite wonky (attached). This product is not likely to reflect noise b/c it's true regardless of whether the data are cleaned or not. It actually doesn't matter if I remove a bunch of artefact ICs or not.

So I wonder if this is a product of the interpolation method applied during group processing (pre-channel measures).

1. If so - what's the easiest solution? Is there a script I can exploit to manually subsample the common montage across subjects for instance? (since we have ~40 electrodes, if the interpolation is applied within subject it's bound to be poor). All of our subjects are missing a few electrodes.

2. Is there a way - a script - at the study level that will allow one to plot a sequence of scalp maps at steps/intervals (e.g., 0:100:1000 ms) for the group scalp map.

Many thanks
Agatha