[Eeglablist] Average Reference

James Desjardins jdesjardins at brocku.ca
Wed May 4 11:53:18 PDT 2011

Hi Fengji,

Yes, when computing the average reference of raw Net Station data you
should click "retain old reference channels in data". Doing this  will
create channel 129 (Cz).

There is no down side to retaining the Cz reference channel in your
data... and if you don't retain it at the time of the initial
re-referencing I do not think that there is any way of retrieving Cz
at a later stage in the processing.

James Desjardins
Technician, MA Student
Department of Psychology, Behavioural Neuroscience
Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience Lab
Brock University
500 Glenridge Ave.
St. Catharines, ON, Canada
L2S 3A1