[Eeglablist] problems with sampling rate in writeeeg export function (BDF format)

Markus Plank mplank at ucsd.edu
Sat Jun 4 09:37:35 PDT 2011

Hello everybody,

When I try to export epoched data in BDF format with writeeeg (or
pop_writeeeg), the resulting file has an incorrect sampling rate.

The dataset I'd like to apply the function to has the following structure:
EEG.data is a 64 (channels) X 716 (sampling points per epoch) X 300 (epochs)
with a sampling rate of 512 Hz. Epoch duration therefore is 1.3984375 s.

I use this function call:
% writeeeg(filename, data,srate,'key','val');
>> writeeeg(   'export.bdf', EEG.data, 512, 'TYPE','BDF','EVENT',EEG.event);

When I try to open the generated file with any EEG analysis program besides
EEGLAB, the following error occurs:
716 sampling points are arbitrarily set to have a duration of 1 second. As a
result, the original relation between sample number and time point is lost.

Any help to resolve this problem/error is appreciated!

Thanks,
Markus

--
Markus Plank, Ph.D.