[Eeglablist] quick EEGLAB ICA question

Jason Palmer japalmer29 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 14:01:58 PDT 2011

Hi Jia,

You should be able to use all the data ... it doesn't have to be strictly
stationary for ICA to be useful. You mainly need the same components to be
present (not necessarily continuously) and not too many components. If the
experimental setup is similar in all the recorded data, and you high pass
filter around 0.5-1Hz (assuming slow waves are not of interest) and make
sure then you shouldn't have to worry about having "too much data".

13 channels should be sufficient to give some useful results. You can
probably use standard channel locations ... you might check the eeglab
tutorial and info on the MNI brain.

Best,
Jason