[Eeglablist] pop_eegfilt

Arnaud Delorme arno at ucsd.edu
Tue Jun 21 04:54:26 PDT 2011

Dear Yangqing,

the frequency at which you are trying to filter is too low. Using linear FIR filtering, your filter length is extremely long which is probably triggering the error you are seeing. You should try to use the non-linear filter. In practice we rarely filter below 0.5 Hz because ICA components quality dramatically decrease in case you do not high pass filter your data.
Some solutions exist to filter at lower frequencies. One of the EEGLAB compatible one is available within ERPLAB.

Best regards,

A. Delorme