[Eeglablist] EEG.ref vs EEG.chanlocs.ref?

Arnaud Delorme arno at ucsd.edu
Sat Jul 9 15:09:01 PDT 2011

Dear Simon,

yes, there is nothing on the wiki about this. In short, each channel may now have his own reference. As a consequence you could potentially have two channels with different references. The EEG.ref fields is a summary fields that indicates to the users which reference are being used (it is however for information only and the real references are stored and manipulated in EEG.chanlocs(x).ref, x being the channel index). I will put a note to remember to document that feature.

Best regards,

Arno