[Eeglablist] handling ERSP baseline

Nick Bedo nickbedo at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 10 16:35:58 PDT 2011

When I use std_erspplot() or std_readersp() and plot my component cluster data, I see that the baseline measures have not been removed.  I have found them in the STUDY structure (STUDY.cluster.erspbase), but instead of the expected 100x1 array, I see a 100x9 matrix.  I understand that each column is for each of the components in my cluster.

My question is: is it appropriate to simply take the mean of all of the columns as the cluster baseline?  Then, in order to baseline-correct my ERSP data, do I divide the matrix by the baseline, or simply subtract it?  I have heard of both methods being used at different times.

Thanks very much,
Nick