[Eeglablist] Import problem with non-English filename

Alois Schloegl alois.schloegl at ist.ac.at
Tue Sep 20 00:28:17 PDT 2011

Biosig supports the Brainvision for several years,
You can find a complete list of supported data formats here:
http://pub.ist.ac.at/~schloegl/biosig/TESTED

Usually, biosig can deal well also with non-ascii characters; actually,
in most cases, biosig works also fine with non ASCII filenames.

Only in some rare case, e.g. wennn the *.vhdr, *.vmrk are stored in some
locale, non-utf8 text format, and the file system supports only utf8 or
vice versa, problems can occur. These issues are difficult to reproduce,
and I suspect that in those cases, the issue is not with biosig but with
some unusual configuration of the system (perhaps, different language
settings for the operating systen, local user, and application software).

In case of issue of Dagfinn, we found a solution to his problem.

    Alois