[Eeglablist] Postdoctoral position - Electrophysiology and social affiliations

Harold Mouras harold.mouras at u-picardie.fr
Thu Oct 20 04:19:14 PDT 2011

Dear all,
please find below an opening postdoc position in our lab, Amiens, France.
Best regards,
Harold Mouras

*Postdoctoral position available*

“Electrophysiology and social affiliations”

The Functional and Pathological Neurosciences laboratory in Amiens (
http://www.u-picardie.fr/labo/lnfp) is looking for a highly motivated
individual for a postdoctoral position. Our group is part of the main lab
located between Lille and Amiens (http://lnfp.dr18.cnrs.fr). In Amiens, the
group is located between the neurology unit at the Amiens Universitary
Hospital (www.chu-amiens.fr) and the Health Research Pole of the University
of Amiens (www.u-picardie.fr). The lab associates several medical
specialities (neurology, psychiatry...) which allows interactions between
clinicians and researchers into an enthusiastic and multidisciplinary way.
At the moment, our group focus on the theoretical and experimental study of
psychological and neural processes involed in attention, emotion, motivation
and executive functions. In particular, we focus on early troubles that may
occur in neurological diseases for the processing of such informations.
Experimental methods used in the lab are neuropsychological investigations,
peripheral physiological measures recordings (BIOPAC system) and functional
neuroimaging (fMRI 3T; high density EEG 128 channels; MR compatible EEG).

We are seeking a talented and enthusiastic research assistant with a PhD
awarded in psychology, neuroscience, biology or computer science. The aim of
this project will be to use experimental psychology, peripheral
physiological indexes and neuroimaging techniques (fMRI; EEG and
simultaneous recordings) to developp a multimodal exploration of impulsivity
troubles in basal ganglia neurological diseases (PD; HD). Candidates should
be highly motivated, manifest a strong interest for cognitive, affective,
social neurosciences and neurology.

Required skills:

   -

   Computing skills in Matlab; Neuroimaging Data analysis softwares (SPM;
   Cartool; EEGLab; BrainVisionAnalyzer);
   -

   Previous experience qith event-related potentials, frequency anayses,
   source localization analyses;
   -

   Previous experience and/or interest for the development of a dyadic EEG
   experimental setting in the lab.

Amiens is the main city of the Picardie region, around 150 km at the North
of Paris (1h by direct train). Amiens is a very nice place to live, with its
big cathedral, beautiful “hortillonages” (little rivers directly into the
city) and the sea at 40 km from the city. For more information on the city
and regions, please go to www.amiens.fr.

The project is generously funded by a postdoctoral stipend from the Regional
Council of Picardie (www.cr-picardie.fr) for a first year and possibly
renewable for a second year. Salary amount is 1818.60 euros/month.

Applications, including CV, list of publications, letters of recommendations
and statement of interests should be sent by email to Harold Mouras (
harold.mouras at u-picardie.fr). The search begins today and closes when the
position is filled.

For any complementary information, please contact Harold Mouras (
harold.mouras at u-picardie.fr).

--
Harold Mouras
Maître de Conférences en Neuroscience

Laboratoire de Neurosciences Fonctionnelles et Pathologies
Faculté de médecine
3, rue des Louvels
80036 Amiens, France
Téléphone: +33 9 50 48 30 10