[Eeglablist] Performining the t-test and highiliting the area

cyril pernet cyril.pernet at ed.ac.uk
Wed May 16 11:16:00 PDT 2012

Hi Vijay

Alex proposal is fine although that assumes that you are happy loosing
information related to trial variance and also you are not bothered by
multiple comparisons (doing that many t-test will automatically lead to
some false positives)

as an alternative, you can do the statistical analysis with LIMO EEG
(EEGlab toolbox to download) - that will allow you to model congruent
and incongruent conditions per subjects and then test across subjects
for a significant differences (in fact across all electrodes and time
frames and using clustering to control the false positive rate).
--> there is a tutorial which show a case very similar .. it should be
easy enough to do on your data

Cyril