[Eeglablist] tftopo() after newtimef()

Michele Barsotti nomeserio at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 02:24:54 PDT 2012

Dear experts,

I would like to plot a tftopo image using the data extracted from the
newtimef() function.

In the wiki-eeglab, I found  the script for plotting the same graph, but
using the output of the function timef() instead of the function
newtimef().
(http://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/Chapter_02:_Writing_EEGLAB_Scripts)

Then, the problem concerns the erspboot:
- while the function timef() provides the erspboot Matrix (2,nfreqs) of
[lower;upper] ERSP significance diffs,
the function newtimef() returns the erspboot as a mask for the ersp values
that is a matrix of dimension [nfreq , times] even if the help of this
function says that "erspboot  = (nfreqs,2) matrix of [lower upper] ERSP
significance." , like the help of timef() do.

I would like to know if there is a way to obtain the min and max boot
values from the mask or a built-in function that transforms the output of
newtimef() with that of timef().

 I report here the output obtained with  the parameters "... 'timesout'
[895]  'nfreq'  [19] ..."
        ersp: [19x895 single]
         itc: [19x895 single]
     powbase: [1x19 single]