[Eeglablist] Antw: Re: Question about helium-pump artifact of EEG

Gregor Volberg Gregor.Volberg at psychologie.uni-regensburg.de
Wed Jan 16 02:58:29 PST 2013

Dear Helen,

indeed we switched off the pump manually. The system at our scanner constantly monitors the temperature and would stop scanning if it gets critical, so there were no safety concerns during scanning. The important thing is that you do not forget to switch on the pump again _after_ scanning in order to avoid damage to the machine. Our Siemens partner told us that even 24 hours without cooling would be OK with our system, but it is of course necessary to check this point with the local  technician at your place, and with the technical support team of your scanner manufacturer.

Best regards,
Gregor

--
Dr. rer. nat. Gregor Volberg <gregor.volberg at psychologie.uni-regensburg.de> ( mailto:gregor.volberg at psychologie.uni-regensburg.de )
University of Regensburg
>>> Helen Juan Zhou <zhoujuan227 at gmail.com> 16.01.2013 04:02 >>>
Dear Gregor,
Thank you very much for your reply. It is helpful to know that you can turn it off. We did not do it due to safety concerns. May I know how your team manage it, any additional measures to make sure the helium pump been turned on in time?
Thanks a lot!
Best regards,
Helen