[Eeglablist] erspboot & newtimef

Arnaud Delorme arno at ucsd.edu
Fri Feb 8 21:32:43 PST 2013

Dear Rene,

yes, when comparing conditions, the statistical comparison is performed for each pixel.
Say if you have 200 time points and 100 frequencies, you will get a matrix of 200 x 100 x 2. As for the erspboot for frequencies (100 x 2), the first element in the last dimension contains the lower bound and the second element contains the upper bound.

If you are into hacking some functions, look up the applyboot subfunction of timecrossf. I believe it is applying the bootstrap mask for all possible configurations.

Note that the functionality of newtimef you are using is considered obsolete. It is better to build a STUDY with a single subject and 2 conditions, then compute the statistics using data trials. In this case, you can use many different methods for correcting for multiple comparisons. You can also compare more than 2 conditions or build a n x m design.

ps: I think that correction for multiple comparison is not performed when comparing conditions in newtimef. It is only available when analyzing a single dataset.