[Eeglablist] Pre-processing the EEG signals collected from walking

Ryan McKindles ryan.mckindles at marquette.edu
Tue Feb 12 20:42:03 PST 2013

Hi Lin,

Here are a few papers I would suggest to get you started on preprocessing
EEG signals during walking.

EEGLAB Toolbox <http://sccn.ucsd.edu/eeglab/>
--------------------------
Gwin 2010 Removal of movement artifact from high-density EEG recorded
during walking and running. (pubmed<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20410364>
)
Gwin 2011 Electrocortical activity is coupled to gait cycle phase during
treadmill walking. (pubmed <http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20832484>)
Wagner 2012 Level of participation in robotic-assisted treadmill
walking modulates
midline sensorimotor EEG rhythms in able-bodied subjects.
(pubmed<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22906791>
)
Petersen 2012 The motor cortex drives the muscles during walking in human
subjects. (pubmed <http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22393252>)
Lau 2012 Weighted phase lag index stability as an artifact resistant
measure to detect cognitive EEG activity during locomotion.
(pubmed<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22828128>
)

Fieldtrip Toolbox <http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/>
------------------------
Severens 2012 Feasibility of measuring event Related Desynchronization with
electroencephalography during walking.
(pubmed<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23366498>
)

If you are looking for a BCI application see:
Presacco 2011 Towards a non-invasive brain-machine interface system to
restore gait function in humans.
(pubmed<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22255359>
)

I hope you find these publications helpful, please let me know if you have
any questions.

Kind Regards,

Ryan McKindles
www.ryanmckindles.com