[Eeglablist] relation between EEG data and other signal, average ref question

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Tue Jun 18 17:37:52 PDT 2013

Dear Ida,

1. Put event markers for breathing onset/peak/offset and try event-related
potential analysis. Regression analysis seems to work too, but the current
EEGLAB does not support it.

2. Reference and ground are not for data recording. Well, reference channel
is paired with ALL channels, actually. After average referencing you can
recover at least reference channel signal, but that introduces redundancy
(because the recovered channel is a pure linear combination of the
surrounding channels). Note also that after average referencing you have to
discard one channel.

It's better for you to google what reference and ground channels do. You
don't know it means you don't know how EEG is recorded, which is no good.

Makoto